Seasons are here, and they bring a lot of new content and benefits that players can enjoy. With Season of the Malignant, we got to see the introduction of Season Blessings, a system that allows players to fast-track the entire gearing and leveling process for a seasonal character.
To access your Season Blessings, head over to the Seasons menu and press on the Season Blessings box located on the left-hand side of the screen.
What are Diablo 4 Season Blessings
Season Blessings are bonuses that can be unlocked permanently for all Seasonal characters. These benefits can only be used by characters within a season, and they don’t move over to the Eternal Realm once the season is over.
The way this system works is by collecting Smoldering Ashes from the Battle Pass reward track and placing them inside Urns in return for some character bonuses. There is a total of five Urns and each one has four ranks in which it can be upgraded. The bonuses players can get from the Season Blessings system are:
- Urn of Aggression: +3% boost to XP from monster kills
- Urn of Bargaining:+5% boost to Gold received from selling items to Vendors
- Urn of Reclamation: +10% boost to chance to find Rare Materials when Salvaging
- Urn of Prolonging: +15% duration of Elixirs
- Urn of Malignance: +5% boost to chance to find upgraded Malignant Hearts
All those numbers are from the first rank of the Urns, and the numbers will increase progressively as the Urn rank increases. Nevertheless, I recommend maximizing the Urn of Aggression first to get as much experience as possible. This way players can level up faster, and get their hands on those juicy Season Journey rewards faster.
We are not sure whether the Urns will change in every season but by the looks of it, the Urns of Aggression, Bargaining, Reclamation, and Prolonging are there to stay. Whereas the Urn of Malignance is a seasonal one due to the fact that Malignant Hearts are only limited to the Season of the Malignant. Whenever a new season hits, we will be sure to update this guide with the latest.
How to Get Smoldering Ashes
To unlock the Season Blessings in Diablo 4, players must be at least level 40, and pass Tier 8 in the Battle Pass. This is because Smoldering Ashes are locked behind specific level requirements and tiers in the Pass.
You can get Smoldering Ashes in those Battle Pass tiers:
All Smoldering Ashes are earned from the free tiers of the Battle Pass, and this means that players do not have to spend any money to get the most out of the Season Blessings system. Once you have obtained Smoldering Ashes, head over to the Season Blessings menu and place it in any of the five Urns to gain its bonuses.
Smoldering Ashes Summary
- Smoldering Ashes are only available in the Free tiers.
- Earn Favor in the Battle Pass to ultimately earn Ashes.
- They are locked behind specific level requirements.
- Paying money does not help you get Smoldering Ashes faster.
- You can reset your Blessings by paying a small gold fee.