There are three ways that you can get Legendary Armor in Guild Wars 2, select whichever game mode you like, and get started by clicking on any of the guides below.
What is GW2 Legendary Armor
Legendary Armor is gear with Legendary rarity that provides the ultimate convenience. It is the be-all and end-all of gear, and getting a piece of that armor should be a long-term goal that everyone should aim for.
There is a total of six armor pieces, the Helmet, Shoulders, Coat, Gloves, Pants, and Boots. Each one can be a Legendary Item with a unique skin.
Just like any piece of legendary gear, you will get the following benefits:
- Stats can be changed freely at any point in time
- Changing skins cost zero Transmutation Charges
- Account wide usage through the Legendary Armory
- Comes with a unique effect when going into and out of combat
How to get Legendary Armor in Guild Wars 2
You can get Legendary Armor by participating in any of the three game modes that are available. Players who enjoy PvE can obtain the Perfected Envoy Armor, players who enjoy WvW can obtain the Legendary Triumphant Hero’s Armor, and players who enjoy PvP can get the Legendary Glorious Hero’s Armor.
The general consensus is you have to obtain a precursor, and three gifts to then place them in the Mystic Forge to get a piece of Legendary Armor.
However, it is not as easy as it sounds because there is going to be a lot of time and gold to be spent. You will have to obtain a lot of different currencies, and materials, and sometimes complete certain collections.
If you enjoy playing raids, you can go with the PvE path. Players have to embark in all the different raid wings to collect Legendary Insights and complete the achievements Envoy Armor I: Experimental Armor and Envoy Armor II: Refined Armor to be able to unlock the precursors “Refined Envoy Armor” for one weight type only.
You have to collect the following items, and then place them in the Mystic Forge to obtain a PvE Legendary Armor piece.
- Precursor piece (Refined Envoy Armor)
- Gift of Dedication
- Gift of Prowess
- Gift of Prosperity
Do you enjoy the thrill of war and fighting over Stonemist Castle for hours on end? Then you probably should know that you can do that while having a Legendary Armor from WvW. Unlike the PvE variant though, you don’t have to complete any achievement to unlock this.
Simply play WvW, and collect WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets to eventually get your Armor. Here is the list of items that you need to collect.
- A piece of Triumphant Hero’s armor or Mistforged Triumphant Hero’s armor.
- Gift of War Dedication
- Gift of War Prowess
- Gift of War Prosperity
Players who enjoy fighting in the mists also have the option to get a set of Legendary Armor. Just like the WvW counterpart, you simply have to collect enough PvP League Tickets and Ascended Shards of Glory to get all the material and precursors to craft the Armor.
Here is what you need to obtain a piece of Legendary Armor from PvP:
- A piece of Ascended Glorious Hero’s armor, Ardent Glorious Hero’s Armor, or Mistforged Glorious Hero’s armor.
- Gift of Competitive Dedication
- Gift of Competitive Prowess
- Gift of Competitive Prosperity
What is the fastest Guild Wars 2 Legendary Armor to get
Every Legendary Armor in Guild Wars 2 is time-gated to some extent. This is due to the fact that each Armor type needs a specific material that can be obtained a few times per day.
- For the Raids set, you need 150 Legendary Insights, and you can obtain a maximum of 31 per week.
- For the WvW set, you need 7,880 WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets, and you can obtain a maximum of 410 per week.
- For the PvP set, you need 300 PvP League Tickets, and you can only get 100 per season, and each season lasts for 2 months.
Knowing that, Raid Legendaries are the fastest ones you can get, and it takes a total of 5 weeks if you do everything efficiently.
That’s all you need to know about Legendary Armor. If you are still looking for a different adventure in the game, why not look into getting Legendary Runes for your armor?